Question: How can you make more video content in less time as a busy business owner?
Whether you like it or not, video is crucial for your online marketing. Crucial like, if you aren’t creating video, you’re leaving tens of thousands on the table. According to Optinmonster, 72% of consumers said they would rather learn about a service by way of video and 84% said they have been convinced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s video. At some level, you probably know this already, or else you wouldn’t be looking for tips on creating video.
BY FAR I have personally found that a regular video series is the most effective way of creating video content for business accounts on social media. This is because a series:
- builds trust because you show yourself following through on a commitment
- gives people a tangible reason to follow you, so they don’t miss your series
- is easier to plan for since you have a predetermined schedule and content plan or theme
- reduces video anxiety, because your videos have a clear purpose
So, how can you create your own series? Here are some suggestions to get your plan going:
- Choose a topic with your ideal client in mind – one that has a lot of information you could share. It could be as simple as, “Reasons I love living in Washington.” You could interview people according to your topic or theme. You could give regular tips or opinions on things related to your industry or niche. I had a very successful series featuring new construction communities. There are so many topics to choose from!
- Decide whether your series will be pre-recorded or live. Remember: live video performs better on most social media platforms. The exception is Instagram Reels, which cannot be live. However, you could take highlights from your live video (after the fact) and piece them together in a Reel for even more content and exposure.
- Decide when and how often your series episodes will drop.
- Brainstorm a list of topics that you can use for different episodes.
- Put your topics into a release schedule, based on how often you commit to producing the content. Plan at least 3 months at a time – more if you can! If your series involves other participants, line them up on a given date/time. (Side note – I also did a series which involved me talking to the same financial advisor once a month for finance tips.You can copy this, or team up with a mortgage lender, home inspector or anyone who is an ally in your business or area.)
- This will not work if your series is going to be live. BUT! If you plan to pre-record your content, you can also batch content to save you hours of hustle. If for example your series is to be released every Friday, this means picking one day a month where you record 4-5 episodes. Change outfits in between episodes, maybe your hairstyle and background and you will have weeks of video done and ready for your schedule.
I’m such a huge advocate for making different series because I love using systems to make my life easier. If you would like help getting started, schedule a free 15-minute call with me! Visit skyblue.media/marketing